I did this years ago on a previous blog, and since I’m feeling plain and boring tonight, this is all you get. a post is a post is a post alright. Feel free to do this on your own blog, on your Facebook as a note, what have you. And if you do it, tag me.
3 Things That Scare Me:
- Paranoid, irrational thoughts I have about things that could go wrong in my interactions with Cade (i.e.: slipping and falling on ice when I’m carrying him or his car seat, then the seat goes flying, etc. etc.)
- Baseball or softball – I am so terrified of the ball. Sort of goes with hockey too, but there is more protection for the crowd.
- The dark, sometimes. Is everyone scared of the dark or am I just a gigantic wimp? I sometimes feel like things are lurking in the dark, waiting to come and get me. They’re not there in the daytime though!
3 People Who Make Me Laugh:
- People who have a dry sense of humour
- Kristen Wiig
- Cade, because he’s so darn cute, and such a flirt. His actions are priceless.
3 Things I Love:
- Free will and assertiveness, they can go hand in hand.
- Can a dog be a thing? Lily, Lily, Lily! She is my standby, my furball of love.
- Being a momma. Now I think I can say I love it. In the beginning it was the hardest thing ever and I don’t know if I truly LOVED it like I do now. This may be a topic I will elaborate on later. This may be a topic that I get shunned for too! It’s not what you think, trust me. The first weeks are all about survival and getting to know the precious, tiny, little babe. Now? Now this is LOVE, full on, hard and fast, LOVE.
3 Things I Hate:
- Closed minds that don’t even ever consider opening.
- Sleep deprivation. It is nasty and cruel.
- My couch. It was awesome in the beginning, but now it is so dirty, stained, ratty, uncleanable, and now to top the shantyness off – the springs are going and it creaks. Hello friends welcome to my house, please make yourself comfortable! Sigh.
3 Things I Don’t Understand:
- Myself, sometimes. I’m working on it! (God this feels like such an emo post. It’s not what you think!)
- Silly low milk supply, though I may have some leads. Who knows. Wish I had a solid answer, you know, for next time.
3 Things On My Desk:
- I don’t really have a desk at the moment, but when I was working? A ton of organized messy piles of paper: To Do, Mail, Phone Messages, File, Shred.
- Usually a snack of some sort. Typically healthy, except for the last day of work when it was chips and dip. Oh yeah baby, that IS how we roll.
- There were pictures of Kyle, Lily, and some of the youth I worked with who gave me their school photos.
3 Things I’m Doing Right Now:
- Fighting sleep. And then when I actually lie down to go to sleep, sleep will be fighting me. Ugh.
- The sleep sheep, along with my darlings breathing. (Might I mention, it is only darling when I can hear a little baby boy and a small pooch breathing. When Kyle heavy breathe snores, it is not darling! Sorry love, but that’s how it is.)
- Talking to my mom on Skype, checking Facebook and e-mail, and doing up this doozy of a post.
3 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
- Be physically, mentally, emotionally healthy. All at the same time! Working on it.
- Travel to the Maritimes. One of the two places in Canada I have never visited (aside from the NWT, Yukon, and Nunavut).
- Always wanted to write a book, but I can’t see it happening and so I can’t say I want to do it before I die because even though I want to I don’t know if I have my mind set on it hard enough to actually work towards that goal and ALSO I have NO idea what I would write a whole book about.
3 Things I Can Do:
- Mood swing like fierce.
- Be a mom, though sometimes I doubt myself, but I do know for sure that my genetic makeup is capable of handling motherly duties.
- Walk for hours in my Birkenstocks. I just had to put this because right now I’ve got summer on the mind. Cannot wait until this bullshit winter is gone and finished with. It’s been too long, and quite frankly, we’re itching to get outside. So anxious to resume my daily walks with Lily, and now Cade! And to resume our regularly dog park outings. So much to look forward to.
3 Things I Can’t Do:
- Lose weight! Again, another frustrating current event. And I actually AM trying. Working out on average 4 times a week, eating quite healthy, aaannnd breastfeeding. And the number on the scale doesn’t seem to be budging much, nor does this little tummy pouch.
- Fall asleep as easily as I used to be able to, which does not make a whole lot of sense to me because I am getting less sleep than I used to. Overtired perhaps? Don’t necessarily feel it though. Oh the mysteries of life, let this be one of them.
- I still can’t believe I created a human life, and such a beautiful amazing one at that. Blows my mind daily.
3 Things I Think You Should Listen To:
- Your heart! Absolutely, do not even argue with me about this one. Your heart knows best.
- Mother Mother – my flavour of the month. Check ‘em out. They’re Canadian and fantastic.
- Me when I say, go create a blog, let’s be blog buddies. It’s a lonely world out here without you, alright?
3 Things You Should Never Listen To:
- Because I have been reading tons of birthing, parenting, breastfeeding blogs and articles, do not ever listen to anyone who tells you you cannot breastfeed in a certain place. This is your right, so do it up!
- The 4th white noise option on the Sleep Sheep – it’s oceany but with ‘whale’ noises and they’re super creepy, especially when it’s all dark in the house and everyone is asleep.
3 Things I’d Like to Learn:
- Photography. I’ve got a decent knowledge base, but there’s so much more and I’d love to learn it.
- Knitting. Then I could go to Stitch ‘n’ Bitch sessions!
- How to believe in myself and trust myself more.
3 Favorite Foods:
- Cliche, but… pizza. Love me some good ol’ pizza.
- Sushi and maki. This should actually probably be number one, if we’re going in order.
- Delicious, creative salads. Nom Nom Nom.
3 Beverages I Drink Regularly:
- Water! It’s basically all I ever drink.
- Sometimes I’ll throw in some Coke Zero or Sprite Zero for good measure, but I’m trying to cut out all pop, or at least drastically cut back.
- Kyle’s famous London Fogs – mine is customized. Vanilla or regular soy milk, just a smidge of sugar in the raw, pure vanilla extract, water, and Earl Grey.
3 Shows I Watched as a Kid:
- Saved by the Bell.
- Fairie Tale Theatre.
3 Bloggers I’m Tagging:
- Everyone! Like I said, I want blog friends. It’s a lonely world out here.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .