1. I had a 4 1/2 hour date with one of my momma friends and her daughter and one of my momma-to-be-within-a-month friends. It was lovely and gosh darn I love my soul sisters, all of you, in every sense of the word, are amazing.
2. Pretty sure a man and woman couple were snickering at Kyle carrying Cade in the Ergo baby carrier we have. Not sure why? We were standing in line paying for our weekly groceries and I caught a glimpse of some snickering and chitter chattering amongst the couple. Seemed awfully sketchy and immature to me, and Kyle noticed this as well. Sometimes I get immature as a response to immaturity and I almost wanted to ask them what was so darn funny because I felt like I was missing out on some joke and who wants to miss out on a joke?
3. Tomorrow I am going to make avocado/mango/onion/lime/cilantro salsa for the 4th time in a week. Obsessed much? Yes. But it’s so healthy and so delicious and fresh. I could eat it by the spoonful but I do not do this, oh no I do not. Multigrain tortilla chips are also my friend.
Pssssst… I stole the recipe idea from Jenna, and while I don’t have an official instructing recipe, here’s the basic jist:
a nice generous handful of cilantro, chopped up
red onion (or green onion works) (maybe 1/4 of an onion?)
Mix all that delicious goodness into a bowl and you’re set. The last batch I used 1 mango and 2 avocados and the flavour was absolutely beautiful. Though I have used a 1:1 ratio and it’s delicious as well. Try both and see what works with your palate.
3. I didn’t tell y’all – I joined a gym and so far so good. I’ve gone at least 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks, but my goal ultimately is to go 4 times. I started out with 20 minutes of cardio and then some free weights and weight machines. Now I’m up to 25 minutes of cardio (typically in the form of biking or elliptical) and again, free weights and weight machines. It feels good, really good, to sweat and burn off some steam. While I’m kept busy throughout the day, it’s not always a physical sort of busy-ness, aside from the lifting of the boy, and a solid boy he is. It’s good to work my muscles and I need to do this for myself and in turn for my family. I feel like crap about my body and I need to get it working again and in somewhat of some kind of shape again else I be miss miserable.
4. Can we talk about birth control, briefly? I’m likely to expand on this but I need to figure out just what to do about contraception. Right now, our form of contraception is better known as Cade Sleeps In Between Us. However, that ain’t going to last forever, nor is abstinence (sorry mom, sorry mom-in-law), so now where do we turn? I’m leaning towards the IUD, mainly because it is hormone-free. However, we all know how that last IUD experience panned out. (Hint: he’s sleeping right next to me as I type. AND NOT THAT I REGRET IT, ’cause obviously he is the most amazing and beautiful not unwelcome little gift ever!) There’s also the Mirena – which is the hormonal IUD but basically only releases the hormones locally, which I am more comfortable with. What have your experiences been like with different birth control methods? I’d love love love to do the Fertility Awareness Method, and as much as I like to believe in my body and trust my womanly instincts and bodily processes, I’m a bit anxious and nervous about it. Perhaps I need to read the book before I make any hard and fast decisions on it.
What is with the point form posts? It works for now I guess. Don’t expect it all the time, though it does streamline everything and make writing way easier (read: do not have to come up with streaming thought processes when I am in a zombie-like tired state). I want to be a nerd and have a theme for a particular day of each week. For example, Manic Mondays, where I maybe, say, write about things that influence me into a manic-driven emotional state. Something of the like. Does anyone have any ideas?
Okay and to break this post down for you even further, here are some specific ideas and questions I would absolutely love and appreciate some input on:
1. What do you love about the friendships you have with the women in your life?
2. What have your experiences been like with birth control?
3. What are your get healthy tips?
4. What ideas do you have for a weekly theme I could have on this bloggy-blog of mine?
Thank you, and goodnight.
Oh, and just for good measure…
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: baby, birth control, day-to-day, exercising, friends, gym, healthy, healthy living, lists, maternity leave, parenting, reflecting, relationships, saskatoon, today's things.